Browser Detection for Opera 13+

I have this HTTP request, I expected this, but WURFL is returning that. Please provide enough data to reproduce the problem.
amazon-clickstream

Browser Detection for Opera 13+

Postby amazon-clickstream » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Hello,

It has recently come to my attention that WURFL is unable to correctly Opera browser traffic for versions 13+ of Opera (12 and lower is detected fine). I know that they adopted a slightly different user agent format for 15+ versions, which is described here: https://dev.opera.com/blog/opera-user-a ... and-beyond, but I don't know why 13 and 14 are being mis-identified as well.

Are there any plans to support correctly identifying Opera UAs of this format in the future?

sriram

Re: Browser Detection for Opera 13+

Postby sriram » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi there!

Thank you for the information. I've passed this on to the device detection team and we will keep you updated.

Cheers!
Sriram Sridharan

sriram

Postby sriram » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:25 am

Hi,
It has recently come to my attention that WURFL is unable to correctly Opera browser traffic for versions 13+ of Opera (12 and lower is detected fine)....but I don't know why 13 and 14 are being mis-identified as well
Our research indicates that Opera skipped those versions and went directly from 12(Presto based) to 15(Chromium based). You can see this for yourself here: Opera on Windows, Opera on Linux and Opera on Mac. We would appreciate it if you could send us some sample User-Agents for Opera versions 13 and 14 to wurfldb {at} scientiamobile {dot} com, so that we can look into this immediately.
I know that they adopted a slightly different user agent format for 15+ versions, which is described here: https://dev.opera.com/blog/opera-user-a ... and-beyond...Are there any plans to support correctly identifying Opera UAs of this format in the future?
We are planning on releasing a new update to our WURFL API (v1.5.2) in September that should resolve Opera 15 and above UAs properly.

Thanks,
Sriram Sridharan

amazon-clickstream

Postby amazon-clickstream » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:24 pm

I didn't realize that they jumped directly from 12 to 15, that makes a lot of sense. I only cited that 13 and 14 were being misidentified because there was a gap in our information following version 12, but with this new information, the update should be sufficient.

sriram

Postby sriram » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Perfect! Please let me know if you require any further information.

Thanks and cheers!
Sriram Sridharan