Cloud service down?

Questions about the WURFL Cloud service.
maverickbluer1

Cloud service down?

Postby maverickbluer1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Throughout the night of January 9 and the morning of January 10, sporadic attempts to access the cloud service resulted in the following error:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

As of approximately Noon EST, I get this error on every request. URGENT! Is the service down?

kamermans

Re: Cloud service down?

Postby kamermans » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:17 pm

There were no outages of the WURFL Cloud Service, so I suspect there was something going on with the WURFL Cloud Client on your end. Perhaps the caching system you are using is failing, which is causing a dictionary lookup with an invalid key. Which client library are you using?
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!

maverickbluer1

Postby maverickbluer1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:52 am

Using the .net client

maverickbluer1

Postby maverickbluer1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:54 am

Looks like version 1.1.0.0

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:32 am

Are you able to provide us with the caching driver that you are using as well?

Thank you,

Elliot

maverickbluer1

Postby maverickbluer1 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:44 pm

hmmn not sure what you mean the caching driver ... i thought you were caching through a cookie ... tell me more

am I using the latest .net client

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:42 am

We are currently looking into this issue and I will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Thank you,

Elliot

maverickbluer1

Postby maverickbluer1 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:00 am

Encountered this error again last night.

Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; bingbot/2.0; +http://www.bing.com/bingbot.htm)

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:21 am

Hello,

I have just uploaded an updated version of the .NET cloud client to your file manager on scientiamobile.com. Are you able to let me know if the same error code persists after upgrading?

Thank you,

Elliot

maverickbluer1

Postby maverickbluer1 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:26 am

I haven't seen the error repeat since my last posting, but downloaded the new dll and will install later tonight.

Are the caching options new in this version? Is their use dependent on the level of service of the account?

I'm guessing using local caching would prevent multiple requests to the Cloud API. Is that correct?

Will let you know if additional errors occur.

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:50 pm

There are additional caching options when subscribed to the premium cloud service. All other tiers of the cloud service will implement a cookie cache.

Elliot

maverickbluer1

Postby maverickbluer1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:22 am

Hi Elliot,

I implemented the updated dll last night. It did generate the same error once during the night.

The user agent was: curl/7.26.0

It appears this is a script to retrieve web assets so that may be part of the issue.
Let me know if you would like me to continue to post when these errors occur or if there is something else I can help with.
Thanks for the assistance.

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:53 am

Hello,

Are you able to let me know if it is the same exception that is occurring as the previous .dll? I also noticed your post on Stack Overflow here and wanted to see if this exception is related. Are multiple requests to the cloud occurring each time a view is rendered?

Thank you,

Elliot

maverickbluer1

Postby maverickbluer1 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Yes, it is the same exception. It occurred again this morning with bingbot.
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; bingbot/2.0; +http://www.bing.com/bingbot.htm)
Are there multiple requests to the cloud for each view rendered? Yes, if there are partial views associated with the request.
Is it related to the question I posted on StackOverflow? Not sure, Dino Esposito posted a answer that is interesting. What do you think?

Elliotfehr

Postby Elliotfehr » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Are you able to provide me with the full stack trace of the error?

In regards to the issue posted on Stack Overflow, I do agree that it would be best to avoid making an HTTP request for each partial view as only one WURFL request should be necessary for each request into your application.

Thank you,

Elliot

maverickbluer1

Postby maverickbluer1 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:05 pm

My previous answer about multiple WURFL requests was not accurate. Although each partial view needs the information, the WURFL info goes to a session variable (you can see that code on stackoverflow) where it is used for the remainder of the views. The program does cycle through the display mode selection multiple times though

Here is the stack trace:

StackTrace: at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at SA2015.WURFLServiceModel.GetDataByRequest(HttpContextBase context)
at SA2015.Utilities.IsPhone(HttpRequestBase request)

Hope it's helpful.