Some questions about the cache

psyma

Some questions about the cache

Postby psyma » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:44 am

Hi,

since we implemented WURFL some weeks ago, we started to have problems with the server performance after a while.
We found out, that WURFL created more cache files for every subfolder then the server can count.
The cache is described to save information about user agents. Of course I know what a user agent is, but I'm still not sure about the meaning of this cache-files. Could I simply delete this files?
Is there a setting to deactivate the cache completely?

Here are some settings:

Code: Select all

<allow-reload>true</allow-reload>
<match-mode>performance</match-mode>
<persistence>
	<provider>file</provider>
	<params>dir=storage/persistence</params>
</persistence>
<cache>
	<provider>file</provider>
	<params>dir=storage/cache</params>
</cache>
Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Florian

kamermans

Re: Some questions about the cache

Postby kamermans » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:31 am

Hi Florian,

We normally don't see performance decline as cached user agents increase, as there are not normally so many unique user agents that this becomes a problem. It would be helpful if you could tell me what OS the API is running on. Also, if you can TAR.GZ or ZIP up your cache directory and send it to me, it may be helpful so I can see if the cache is being expired properly. You can delete the contents of your cache folder (storage/cache in your case) at any time - it's only used for performance. Also, you can change <provider>file</provider> to <provider>null</provider> to disable caching, although performance will be decreased.
Thanks,

Steve Kamerman
ScientiaMobile

Make sure you check out our WURFL Cloud, WURFL InSight and WURFL InFuze products!